Job Reference Number: 17048A
The City of Medicine Hat's Finance Department is looking to hire an individual to join their highly skilled team and provide accounting services of the highest quality to the Municipal Services business units.
As one of the successful incumbents, your responsibilities will include providing accurate and timely financial and management reports, interpreting financial information to facilitate decision making, and participating in the budget process. You will provide budget assistance to the assigned business units and prepare divisional and consolidated financial statements. You will assist in the development and maintenance of accounting procedures and internal controls. You will provide mentoring and technical expertise to the Finance Accounting team.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA );
- Four (4) years accounting experience;
- Experience in a government accounting environment with thorough knowledge of PSAB and IFRS is considered an asset;
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, flexible work arrangements including compressed work week option, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice"; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #17048A, by email, by clicking on the provided "Apply" button.
- This posting will remain open until Wednesday, March 1, 2017, at 4:30 p.m.
- We thank all applicants; however those selected for an interview will be contacted.