Job Reference Number: 17049A
The City of Medicine Hat, Finance Department, is currently seeking a Gas Accountant to join their team and provide accounting services to the Gas Utility Department, including Natural Gas and Petroleum Resources, Gas Distribution, as well as Gas Retail. This position will require you to play a central role in the building, testing, report development and training phases of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation. A solid understanding of the Qbyte FM software application will enable you to join a highly dedicated Agresso ERP team. The goal of this team is to implement a solution that promotes the key functionalities of each software (Qbyte FM and Agresso), to support all City of Medicine Hat Departments. Strong Project Management skills, a dedicated approach to leadership and the ability to build solid relationships are key to your success in this position. Other responsibilities include the preparation of monthly and annual working papers and financial reports; variance reporting; ongoing systems maintenance of Qbyte FM and Agresso software systems; assisting the Gas Utility management team with annual capital and operating budget preparation and other corporate software projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have experience in oil and gas accounting environments, including experience with operated and non-operated properties. You also have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, are proficient in the use of current technology, have strong organization skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills. An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered.
- A university degree in business and a professional accounting designation (C.P.A);
- Minimum three (3) years in oil and gas accounting with demonstrated progression to more complex tasks;
- Minimum two (2) years of administering financial accounting software systems including set up, maintenance, troubleshooting, creating/maintaining financial reports and training;
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice"; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #17049A, by email, by clicking on the provided "Apply" button.
- This posting will remain open until Wednesday, March 8, 2017, at 4:30 p.m.
- We thank all applicants; however those selected for an interview will be contacted.