Business Performance Specialist:
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, and working closely with the Chief Financial Officer and Controllers of all sites of the Group, the Business Performance Specialist will hold a crucial position in the control and monitoring of the Group's Business Performance beyond the statutory financial reporting, consolidation, and budgeting/forecast process.
Working closely with the Group Finance, Operations, and Commercial teams, it is important that the new incumbent provides business analytic support and tools, to provide meaningful insights on the performance of the Group and Sites, and promoting a culture of grabbing opportunities and challenging conventional wisdom for the Group. He should also anticipate management needs in terms of financial and non-financial information.
Main responsibilities and challenges :
• Assists the Corporate Office with all internal financial reporting requirements, and ensures information is reported in an accurate and timely manner.
• Consolidates the annual budget and monthly forecasts .
• Assists different categories of contributors in the preparation of their annual budgets and monthly forecasts .
• Analyses and interprets operational and accounting data so as to explain variations and trends in relation to previous periods, budgets and forecasts.
• Collaborates with business users in the design, development and deployment of new and improved processes using Cognos Controller/Tm1.
• Understands financial and business needs, translates these into analytical/reporting requirements and actively participating in the design and development of Cognos Controller/Tm1 solutions to fulfill these requirements.
• Assists with support of the end-user community by providing application support and training as required (being the super-user).
• Analyses, validates and documents any changes or new processes using Cognos Controller and/or Tm1.
• Proactively develops financials tools to evaluate Site and Business Performance.
• Has the knowledge and skills necessary to ensure that the required processes, statistics and dashboards, tools and infrastructures are properly implemented to support efficiency, productivity and growth.
Skills and Abilities required:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong sense of accountability for the integrity of all operational and accounting data
• Detailed-oriented, self-directed, with strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to anticipate and define needs, improve processes and promote their use
• Autonomous, proactive and with great ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Flexibility as to the tasks and agenda
• Willing to travel Experience
• University training in accounting, finance or administration
• ldeally member of a recognized professional accounting association
• Fluent in French and English (speaking and writing)
• Very strong in Excel, and ideally familiar with Cognos Controller/TM1/AX
• Minimum experience of 5 years in a manufacturing company, ideally with multi sites