What is it like to be the Controller of Foreign Operations at my client? Are you a designated CPA with a strong background in international operations? Do you have what it takes to keep our financial affairs running smoothly worldwide? If you think you can apply your expertise to provide structure and guidance to our remote entities, then keep reading...
What is it like to be the Controller of Foreign Operations at my client? You will use your extensive knowledge of international tax and accounting standards to oversee and optimize the accounting operations of our remote entities. Playing an integral role in financing activities in foreign locations, you will ensure the cie continues on its path of rapid growth on an international scale.
Think you have what it takes? Here is what you will need to deliver:
• Provide information and analysis to the VP of Finance to ensure critical operating decisions can be made in our international operations;
• Prepare and coordinate consolidated budgets, plans and forecasts to provide high level executives with an ongoing understanding of the remote operations current financial position relative to budget;
• Play an integral role in financing activities and provide financial analysis support in the context of negotiation and execution of commercial agreements with the Company’s business partners/clients for our remote operations;
• Ensure that all financial affairs are conducted on a basis consistent with approved policies and procedures in our foreign locations, including tax-related requirements;
• Direct cash management including cash forecasts, credit, foreign exchange, collection and disbursement policies and procedures, and banking arrangements to ensure that financing costs are minimized and maximum return on funds is achieved;
• Oversee and review AP, AR, workload allocation and workflow for our international entities, including daily transaction processing activities and daily reporting;
• Develop and establish month-end close procedures and ensure monthly closing binders are prepared in a timely manner for international entities; prepare monthly consolidated and non-consolidated financial statements including participation in the preparation of the monthly reporting package;
• Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget and prepare related monthly budget and variance reports;
• Assure timely reporting with foreign taxation authorities (including income, sales and payroll taxes) in all jurisdictions wherein the Company operates;
• Prepare detailed reports and make recommendations to improve existing processes, internal controls and related management practices where applicable for our remote operations.
Who you are and what you’ve accomplished:
• CPA designation, with 6+ years of experience in accounting, preferably involving remote international operations;
• Good general taxation knowledge, including US corporate taxes and concepts as well as generally accepted accounting & auditing principles & standards (GAAP & GAAS);
•Experience integrating new entities into an existing corporation from an accounting and operational point of view;
• Bilingual, with the ability to communicate effectively in both French and English (written and spoken) with a wide range of individuals internally and externally;
• Proven experience functioning in a highly entrepreneurial environment in a self-governing, hands-on role;
• Strong analytical skills, decision-making abilities and commercial sensitivity; a good businessperson with a clear ability to communicate his/her ideas and influence;
• Organized and disciplined, with an excellent track record and sense of urgency;
• Ability to provide guidance and structure to remote accounting & finance teams.
This is not your average day job! Under the company roof, you create your own success. To help make it happen, we provide:
• A dynamic & entrepreneurial atmosphere where you are given room to do your best work;
• An airy loft-like environment;
• A casual dress code; we want your brain, not your clothes;
• A private on-site gym with showers and towel service to keep you in shape if you want to;
• Bicycle racks and a location near the Lachine Canal and its bike path;
• Gourmet meals at our on-site resto-café with access to our private terrace;
• A metro to office shuttle.
At that company, we look beyond the piece of paper; we want a special kind of person! Reach out and show us what you’ve got!
Please note only retained candidates will be contacted for interviews.