Company: enGene Inc.
Position: Financial Planning and Contract Analyst
Location: Montreal, Quebec
enGene Inc. is a high growth biotechnology company developing a robust, proprietary non-viral vector platform to deliver genes to mucosal cells lining the gut. The vector system can be administered to the intestine via the oral or enema route. enGene is developing its unique gut-optimized gene delivery formulation into an orally available "Gene PillTM", which has the potential to be a platform for oral delivery of a wide range of protein drugs. The Company's primary focus is to apply its technology to enable localized delivery of immune-modulating proteins to the gut for treating various immune disorders.
Strategic Pharma Alliances and Investors
With its exciting cutting edge technology, enGene successfully established alliances with two international large pharmaceutical companies: Johnson & Johnson and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company.
enGene is also supported financially by top-tier institutional investors including Forbion Capital Partners, Fonds de Solidarité FTQ, Lumira Capital, Pharmstandard International S.A. and Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation.
enGene is seeking for a Financial Planning and Contract Analyst with experience in biotechnology field to be an integral part of the team. The Financial Planning and Contract Analyst will work with the finance team and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This person will:
- Financial Analysis and Planning:
- Analyze and report all aspects of the Profit and Loss Statement.
- Participate in annual budgeting plan and quarterly reforecasts.
- Develop forecasts.
- Be responsible for treasury management.
- Generate and automate financial reports that provide reliable information to program owners.
- Drive productivity and efficiency through innovation, process improvements and KPI implementation.
- Contracts Analysis:
- Assist the CFO in contract negotiations.
- Work with contract research organizations of cost estimates.
- Partner with departments to review large contracts with in-depth forecast to actual budgeting.
Perform other tasks and assist with special projects as required.
Required experience and qualification
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting is required.
- Three (3) to seven (7) years of progressive experience in financial.
- Experience with ERP systems; experience with Microsoft NAV is a strong asset.
- Biotech experience is an asset.
The candidate will have the following competencies necessary for this position:
- Robust financial acumen in several areas including financial analysis, forecasting and reporting.
- Enhanced skills of MS Excel and of Business Intelligence tools.
- Proficient ability to extract system financial information, analyze, verify, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to work cross functionally with internal business partners on projects including: research plans, profitability improvement initiatives, and reporting enhancements.
- Must possess a sense of urgency and a strong work ethic.
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish objectives.
- Strong written English and French communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate obtains operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations.
- Commitment to continuous learning, career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Please apply by clicking on the provided "Apply" button.
- Please include a reference to the job title "Financial Planning and Contract Analyst" in your email.